Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Your Turn


WHO IS CRAZY HORSE? is a project I have created in the hopes of promoting the awareness of and interest in the histories, cultures, and futures of American Indians. I began by choosing five Native American individuals: Crazy Horse, Sherman Alexie, Sacheen Littlefeather, Jim Thorpe, and Annie Dodge Wauneka. For each individual, I created a written piece that I have posted on my blog, www.whoiscrazyhorse.blogspot.com, and an art piece that I have used to make 1-inch buttons.


These buttons will be sold for 2 dollars each, and all the money will be donated to Adopt-a-Native Elder; a program that provides food, clothing, medicine and other materials to traditional Elders living in the Navajo Nation. Order forms will be provided to NSCDS students. If you don't attend this school but are still interested in buttons, email me at hgraybuttons@gmail.com and we can see if we can work something out. To those who continue to show interest and support in this project, I thank you. I also encourage all followers to like the Who is Crazy Horse? facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Who-is-Crazy-Horse/127701610638143